Thursday, February 22, 2007

It's Update Time

So I'm sure that all 3 or 4 people who read this are itching for an update, so here goes.

So the month of February saw a few interesting things happening. At the start of the month I did my second communion thought which went quite well, as well it saw me singing in Chapel at MCC one week. That was interesting and went fairly well I think. Down and MCC things are starting to pick up as we have two essays and 3 mid-terms coming due shortly, if anyone feels the sudden urge to write a 2000-2500 word essay on Roman's 12 for me, I'd be quite happy =P Also at MCC the playoffs for Foozeball have begun. I entered the playoffs ranked second, which is pretty good I'd say. I hope to look forward to playing (and possibly beating) Darrell in the playoffs, but right now I'm matched up with Samara. It's looking to be a good season. For more info visit www.foozeballwithmcc.blogspot.com.

Outside of MCC February included my working on the Spring Conference this year. It was supposed to be headed by Jeff Combs this year, but we got word this month that a family crisis arose and he can't lead it. I'm not sure what the crisis was, but remember to keep him and his in your prayers, as well as the conference itself. Also we've been working on the MCC Spring Tour (also known as the Choir Tour) this month. Jonathan MacInnis has been chosen as our fearless leader, and he's bringing a few interesting ideas to the table, so it should be a good tour. Plus we learned that Robbie and I can rob a bank, so that's always a plus. lol =P

This year I hope to work out something with Canoe Cove (yes, as far as I know Camp will be up and running this year! YAY!!!) to let me counsel there as a paid counselor. Unfortunately I'd be about 2-3 months too young to be a full-time counselor, but I'm going to try and work something out either with the camp or possibly with Cornwall Church of Christ and a government grant to counsel there as much as possible while being paid for it. It'll take some working, but hopefully I can get something together so that I can stay in dorms at MCC next year.

Also I hope to get a prayer meeting going at Sherwood, much like the prayer meeting held at Cornwall bi-weekly. It's something that's been on my mind ever since Alan mentioned it in Romans class a few weeks ago, but I haven't been able to get much ground on it so far. Whenever I can get a hold of Mike (the minister of Cornwall) I should be able to get some advice from him. I've really got to get a hold of Mike sometime... I've got to contact him for the Government grant for Canoe Cove, for the Spring conference, and for the prayer meetings... Mike, were are you?

Also February saw the starting of a few new games. I'm taking a break from playing Runescape and have started playing KalOnline again, along with two text-based games called Legends RPG and Travian. They're interesting games I find, and they keep me from getting bored and provide a good method of proctrastination of course :D. Lotsa fun.

Wow, this provided for some awesome procrastinating. This blog and talking to Jim about the conference killed about an hour of time. I guess I should go do some work, eh? lol. I hope that this post gives you all the necessary distractions for your own procrastinating (sandy) =P L8rs all!

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home